La Conner is located approximately 60 miles north of Seattle. It has been voted “Best Weekend Getaway” in Washington. It is also a great spot to hold a meeting, host a retreat or simply get a group of family together.
Here are 8 reasons why this little town is worth the trip!
- When you and your group get to the quaint little artsy town, located on the Swinomish Channel, you can park your car and everything is in walking distance!
- There are multiple locations to host an event or a meeting! Maple Hall, Swinomish Yacht Club, The Civic Garden Club, La Conner Country Inn, La Conner Channel Lodge and La Conner Seafood & Prime Rib House
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day there is live music every Sunday in the heart of town at Gilkey Square.
- There are superb eateries located all along the main strip of La Conner and a handful of them right on the boardwalk. If you’re looking for Northwest cuisine, I highly recommend The Oyster & Thistle Restaurant & Pub. Their seafood is perfection especially the oysters and scallops For the biggest and most delicious cinnamon rolls ever, head to the Calico Cupboard Café & Bakery. Seed’s Bistro is known for all of their locally Skagit farm sourced ingredients. There is so many more!
- Boutique Shopping- Stroll along the boardwalk and browse through all the little shops filled with unique gifts. Catch the view of the Rainbow Bridge, abundant wildlife and the boats passing by on the Swinomish Channel.
- Pubs, wine bars and the La Conner Brewing Company- Did I mention everything is in walking distance, so no need to worry about your group drinking and driving.
- There are lots of great parks if your wanting to get outside and enjoy the salty air along the water for a picnic. Two popular parks are the Connor Waterfront Park under the Rainbow Bridge, and then cross the bridge to the reservation. Swinomish Cedar Hat Park was built in 2011 to host the Salish tribes annual canoe journey. Check out all the architecture with native art and totem poles.
Check out the town! Give the La Conner County Inn a call to help facilitate all of the meeting spaces in town and of course accommodations. They are located in the heart of downtown and are your local travel experts with all of the latest things to do.
Call for reservations 360.466.1500